Saturday, November 26, 2011

100 miles

I was planning to hit 100 miles by Thanksgiving but I was a couple days late. I am excited to have that first 100 behind me. It is nice to be able to walk 3 miles at a 2.7 mph pace comfortably. I had pushed myself pretty hard yesterday so today was all about just getting the 3.3 miles neede to hit 100 miles. I am trying to get in 60 miles by the end of the year.

Diet wise it is going good. The basic framework of my daily meals is working pretty well egg or yogurt or oatmeal for breakfast. Salad and carb for lunch, protein and veg for dinner. Target a 900 calorie deficit between maintenance metabolic rate and exercise plus food.

I am looking forward to adding in some strength training to increase burn and target upper body more. I know that walking is great but I have improved my fitness level enough that I need move to a more balanced workout plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment