Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July Foodie Pen Pals

The Lean Green BeanX
I am  excited that it is Foodie Pen Pal reveal day.  This is my third month  participating.  I was matched with  Renee.  Her blog is  Bendiful. 

It was a pretty warm day in the valley and when I opened the mailbox I could smell my foodie pen pal box...... Yummy Carmel Corn smell.   I had been craving popcorn so that was the first thing that I tried.
So now to the important stuff what else was in the box.


The  Blue Corn  Chips and Chile Verde Salsa hit the salty savory spot.  The  Green Salsa had a nice tanginess to go with the heat.  The Mojo bar and peanut butter cookies went to work to be afternoon "will this day never end treats."    Renee said she had planned to send homemade cookies but these lasted allot longer than a homemade treat would have. The  Dr. Stuarts Tea's wee a  great combo pak to  try out.  The  Water bottle is  really nice it has an ice pack core so it keeps cool with out diluting  and the bottom is a cup that holds a few ounces of snacks/or drink mix.   Finally a big bag of  Cocoa Goodness. I thought it was great to share a  breakfast with Renee I had  the Love Grown Granola with  Greek yogurt one morning then later in the day  read that she had the same thing for breakfast.  We are both also and is also participating in BestBodyBootCamp.  So the base of our workouts where similar that day too.   

 I sent my box off to  food blogger  Sara her blog My Imperfect Kitchen with lots of  recipes and mom of college age kids stories. Sara lives in LA  and has a pasion for cooking classes,  she blogs about some of the chef's she has met in the last year.  


So now I am sure you want to know how you can join in the fun.  Foodie Pen Pals is the creation and work of  RD2B  Lindsay.  It is easy and the rules are simple.  Sign up by the 5th. Contact your pen pals within 48 hours of getting your match.  Send you box out by the 15th.  Thank your sender when you receive the box.  Reveal your  loot on the last day of the month and link up to Lindsay's blog.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you could smell your package when you opened your mailbox! That's great! Also, what a neat water bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a fantastic box! Cool little water bottle add-on!

    ReplyDelete