Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lacing up new shoes 50 miles

Couple of things from this week I hit the 50 mile mark on the treadmill. So I thought new walking shoes would be an appropriate purchase. But the best part was just bending over to tie them. Wow I am surprised every week or so by things I was doing to accommodate my girth without really thinking about it. Slowly getting out of the car to hopping out. Tying my shoes then putting them on and walking carefully because they were not tight on my foot. Thinking about going up and down stairs. Planning trips to the store to minimize walking to wandering to increase step count. Hitting a couple 10,0000 step days without my knees protesting.
My other struggle this week has been having more clothes that are to big to wear rather than too small. Donation day is coming the great closet cleanout is almost done. Yesterday I added four more shirts to the too big pile before I found one I could wear to work. Of course as soon as it is clean it is headed out the door too. I bought four shirts yesterday that gives me 7 to wear until I am down another size. I have pants in 4 sizes now i am not thrilled with the fit but I can get by with 2 pair. I have to remember that I had 6 pairs of the same black pants that I wore everyday for 4-5 years.

Another great thing having my glasses refit so they do not fall off my nose now that my temples are not holding them in place. Just a few of the random new developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment