Friday, October 7, 2011

40 miles and what is working

Tonight I will finally hit 40 miles on the treadmill. I have not been walking as much as I should. But this week is much better. I can only do so much and as long as there is less of me each week it is working. It took many couch potato years to get here and I am back to 2004 already.

Limiting calories is working at this point but I have to get moving to accelerate the losses through the plateaus as my metabolism adjusts to the new more normal calorie intake. I am really liking the feedback on fitbit. Seeing that I am hitting steps and activity goals. Yes I did walk around the house at 11 last night to break the 8000 mark. Netdiary.com is a great tool I have it set in autopilot mode so it calculates the calories and excersie needed to hit my next goal. It is these week to week adjustments to make from a basal metabolic rate standpoint that help to see what impact each week has on my overall health. I am intentionally using both to decided which will be the better tool for 2012. It is strange to double log food and activities but from not logging to logging everything was already a difficult change. I use netdiary then replicate it in to the fitbit log at night. They both are good tools. I may keep using both since they have unique features. I like the reports from fitbit.


Headed home to get 1.4 miles logged on the treadmill....

PS limiting calories is not extreme 1700-1900 daily----lots to lose at this point

It is strange to think that I am 20% done with the weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment